Providence is committed to creating a community that fosters unity and friendship. A number of opportunities are provided: All-School Retreat, Homecoming, The Philia Project, spirit days, school dances, talent shows, service trips, college tours, vocal concerts, theater performances, and a host more, often conceived and planned by students themselves.
Orientation and Opening of School
Every fall, Providence welcomes incoming students to campus for special events and meetings including new family mixers, new-student and all-parent orientations, and Convocation. We also kick off student life activities with fun events such as the Providence Opening Week (POW) and Upper School Bash.
Retreats and Trips
Retreats are specially designed for a broad range of experiences, from an overnight camp for middle school to a canoe trip down the Colorado River as freshmen to Mexico mission trips for sophomores and juniors and service opportunities for seniors.
A range of clubs offer valuable activities for all students. Club offerings include Associated Student Body (ASB), Journalism Club, Scribblers (Writing Club), Yearbook Club, Photography Club, Pro-Life Club, Surfing Club, Rock Climbing Club, and Theater Club. Students are encouraged to propose new clubs.
The Student Leadership Team is comprised of the Prefect Board and the Associated Student Body (ASB). Prefects are selected by application and interview; ASB representatives are elected by their classmates. All Student Leadership Team members are dedicated to developing and modeling student leadership, representing the student body to the administration, providing service opportunities, and facilitating school-wide events and activities for all grades.
As the Student Leadership Team, we will seek to abide in Christ as models for the Providence student community by leading through servanthood, encouraging genuine involvement, and fostering unity.
Traditions and Student Events
Convocation: A worship service marking the opening of each academic year. Faculty, dressed in academic regalia, welcome and deliver charges to the student body, who enter the church in a procession led by a drummer and the school banners.
New Student Orientation: Various fun and informative events take place to welcome and inform new families and new students.
Back-to-School Bash: A welcome party to celebrate the first full week of the school year.
- Back-to-School Night: Early in the school year, parents are invited to campus to meet teachers and learn about what lies ahead for their student.
- Grade-Specific Retreats
- Providence Forum: This elegant fundraising event features a major national speaker. Past speakers include Bob Goff, Dr. Ben Carson, Eric Metaxas, Louie Zamperini, Hugh Hewitt, and Dennis Prager.
- Providence Presents: These seminars on topics of interest to parents take place throughout the school year and are open to the general community.
- Fall and Spring College Trips and Visits
- Parent-Teacher Meetings
- Philia Project: Community service
- Service of Lessons & Carols: A worship service program of vocal music and Scripture lessons. This Advent-time service is a highlight of the performing arts calendar.
- School Christmas Party
- Spirit Week and Alumni Homecoming Events
- Drama and Musical Productions
- Spring Concert
- Choir Trips
- Beyond the Classroom Trips
- Talent Show
- Awards Events
- Senior Week Activities
- and much more